Auto Accident Lawyers Chicago, Illinois
Auto accidents are all too common, unfortunately. In fact, in 2008 alone, there were 10.2 million car accidents, resulting in 39,000 fatalities nationwide and more than 1,000 fatalities in Illinois. If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, you may wish to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to determine if you may be entitled to compensation for the damages or injuries sustained in the incident.
The Chicago auto accident attorneys at Nilson, Stookal, Gleason & Caputo, Ltd. Ltd. have considerable experience representing victims of all types of auto accidents. Our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys will listen to your situation and provide straightforward, honest advice about any claims that you may have. As experienced Illinois auto accident lawyers, we can negotiate with insurance companies and advocate in a court of law on your behalf, if necessary.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Auto accidents can happen for a number of reasons. The following are some common causes of car accidents:
- Inattentive driving
- Cell phone use
- Alcohol-related accidents
- Hazardous road conditions
- Driver distraction or impairment
- Poor vehicle maintenance
What to Do If You Are In an Auto Accident
If you are involved in an auto accident, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Remain calm. Avoid emotional and reactionary conversation with any other drivers.
- Assess any injuries or damage caused by the accident. Immediately seek medical attention if necessary.
- Promptly notify the police. It is important to assemble the appropriate evidence and documentation of the auto accident and the police will prepare a police report that can be relied on in a personal injury lawsuit following the auto accident.
- Maintain accurate records of any information pertaining to the accident, including information on the other driver, the names and contact information of any potential witnesses, photos, medical bills, and information regarding any property damage.
- Contact an experienced Illinois auto accident attorney at Nilson, Stookal, Gleason & Caputo, Ltd. to help you understand your legal rights and determine whether you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Notify your insurance company. Insurance companies have strict policies and procedures regarding filing an auto accident claim. They frequently use a formulaic approach to determining the claim amount without considering the facts and circumstances surrounding the accident. For these reasons, it is important to enlist the help of an experienced auto accident attorney such as the Chicago auto accident attorneys at Nilson, Stookal, Gleason & Caputo, Ltd. in order to obtain the compensation that you need and deserve.
Experience You Can Trust
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident, contact the Chicago auto accident attorneys at Nilson, Stookal, Gleason & Caputo, Ltd. at (312) 443-1331 to schedule a free consultation to learn more about a possible auto accident personal injury claim.